Saturday, June 14, 2008

First Father's Day...

Happy Father's Day to my husband, best friend and daddy to my baby boy! We've been through so much together, but parenthood is certainly the best part of our adventure so far. I look forward to everything we have ahead of us. You truly are my soul mate and I can't imagine a single moment without you. Everyday only gets better and we have so much to experience with our Little Bear!

This little boy grew up to be an amazing daddy.....

ALL ABOUT MY MAN....

1. Who is your man? Justin, Uncle Wheat, Daddy
2. How long have you been together? We started "going out" in August of 1995! October will be our 6th wedding anniversary.
3. How long dated? We dated for 7 years before we were married.
4. How old is your man? 27
5. Who eats more? Usually him...especially ice cream :)
6. Who said “I love you” first? He did
7. Who is taller? He is
8. Who sings better? Certainly him!
9. Who is smarter? hmm...it's a tie
10. Whose temper is worse? Me
11. Who does the laundry? I wash, he folds.
12. Who takes out the garbage? We used to do it together...both taking a can out to the curb on Sunday nights, then he'd usually chase me back up the driveway, trying to pinch my bum--he's a kid trapped in a man's body! Now that we have little man, he takes it out by himself on Sunday nights while I'm putting Barrett to bed.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Standing at the foot board looking, I do.
14. Who pays the bills? I do
15. Who is better with the computer? Technical-him...typing, internet, designing-me!
16. Who mows the lawn? His job...I have never once mowed our yard!
17. Who cooks dinner? We take turns. If it's grilling, it's all him!
18. Who drives when you are together? Whoever gets in the driver's seat.
19. Who pays when you go out? 99% of the time it's me...using his money!
20. Who is most stubborn? Probably me.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Usually him.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Pretty equal since they're both in town.
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me...at the Mini-Golf :)
24. Who asked who out? He asked me out.
25. Who proposed? Him...and it was amazingly perfect~on a horse & carriage ride!
26. Who is more sensitive? Me.
27. Who has more friends? Me.
28. Who has more siblings? We both have 2 siblings
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Me.
30. How did you meet? I spotted him at his brother's baseball games...he started frequenting the mini golf I worked at...my youth director gave him my number...and the rest is history!


Daddy,
Thank you for holding my hand
and kissing my cheek.
Thank you for watching me grow
and rocking me to sleep.
But most of all,
Thank you for loving my mommy and me so much!
Happy 1st Father's Day, Daddy!
Love, your Little Bear

For Justin's first Father's Day, Barrett helped me pick out some new cookware (he really enjoys cooking and had been asking for a new pan) and a grilling cookbook! He loves to grill, so I'm anxious to try out some of the recipes! Barrett was such a good boy Saturday morning, taking a long nap while Daddy was golfing, so I was able to make a breakfast casserole for Father's Day morning and this Oreo dessert!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had a good day! Happy 1st Father's Day, Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I Love You! :)
    After our talk, by the pool, about your blog---sorry I am so ignorant about todays computer technology---I remembered your email back in May. It came when I was so stressed out from school and weekends full of special things happening that I hadn't read it.
    I opened your page.....and
    spent the afternoon reading and crying.
    My amazing and talented daughter did all this!!! Oh my goodness!
    I knew all of the stories...well almost, but yet I felt like there was so much more to you than I had ever dreamed. My beautiful baby girl is such a beautiful woman, wife, mother and friend... You are even more wonderful, kind and sensitive than I realized...not to mention extremely talented and so very, very special.
    Laura, I love you so much and I am so proud of you. YOU made all my dreams for you come true. Now live, laugh, love and be happy.
    Dad and I will watch over you as YOUR children fill YOUR heart with undescribable joy.
    All MY LOVE,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, your mom made me cry, how sweet is that!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop