Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What's Cookin' Wednesday

So, remember when I started the Menu Plan Monday...and did it for two weeks, then quit?!?! Yeah, well Monday's aren't a good day for me to be trying to plan a menu, so that obviously didn't work too well! Writing my letters to Barrett on Monday is more important anyway! So, I've decided to try Wednesday instead! It's in the middle of the week and will give me more time to plan and get my shopping list together, since we usually go to Dillons on Sunday afternoons to do our shopping for the week. I'm all about planning and getting organized after I'm done working, so we'll see if this works better :)

By the way...I'm not a wonderful chef! I do enjoy cooking, but for now my menus will be pretty basic. Our evenings are way too hectic for anything fabulous yet! After July, I want to try to branch out, and I'm hoping I'll have more time in the evenings to make yummy dishes!!

Monday (7/7): Enchiladas, Corn, Tortilla Chips & Homemade Salsa (recipe below)
I can't take credit for making enchiladas this time...they were purchased from a local restaurant-Neives'-for a fundraiser for the Winfield Main Street program. Barrett has his first Aqua Babies swimming class tonight, so dinner has to be quick & easy!!
*FRESH SALSA*
This recipe is from All Recipes and I've only made it a few times. My sister-in-law makes an awesome salsa, so I'll have to share that recipe too!


3 tomatoes, chopped (or buy a can or two of diced tomatoes)
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons lime juice

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salts, and lime juice. Chill for one hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Even though Justin doesn't like tomatoes, he'll eat this as long as it's blended up a bit-so we usually put it in the blender for a few seconds.

Tuesday (7/8): I have elections for my Young Professionals group at Neives', so we'll be eating there. hmm...Neives' two nights in a row! I always get a taco salad when I go there, so oh well!

Wednesday (7/9): Brick Oven Pizza

We love these on busy nights! Barrett has swimming again so it's quick & easy!

Thursday (7/10): Breakfast for Dinner! French Toast & Eggs
We love breakfast for dinner...I make the french toast and Justin makes the eggs :)

Friday (7/11): Taco Salad
I get a lot of my recipes from Kraft Foods...so here is the one I use for Taco Salad! We use sour cream instead of Ranch AND since Justin doesn't like tomatoes, I put them in a separate bowl for me. http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/quick-taco-salad-95057.aspx

This week is Mexican week I guess :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hello. :) Your little guy is ADORABLE!

    see you later,

    brittany

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop