Saturday, March 14, 2009

Remember the fabric?

This one....


I bought it a few weeks ago, hoping to use it as a backdrop for one of my photo shoots. Well, I had my first newborn shoot yesterday afternoon. A sneak peek, and more on that later! So, yesterday morning I got the fabric out, and ironed all the wrinkles. Then I decided to test it out on Little Bear. What do you think? I love the way it looks in black & white.


My entry hall is the perfect spot to get some great natural light. I just hung the fabric up on the wall, opened the front door and started snappin'. This shot (straight out of the camera & blurry) shows you a little of the set-up.


Oh, and then I plopped Barrett into his toy bin. He thought it was hilarious. It lasted about 45 seconds, and I only took about eight pictures. So I was thrilled to get the above two, that I absolutely ADORE! I love his eyes, and that he's looking straight into the camera in the black & white one. That doesn't happen too often! In the other one, he's looking out the front door. Probably watching a squirrel run across the front lawn! I love the expression I caught. I can't wait to find more fun fabric and props to experiment with!

Okay...off to do something outdoors! It's beautiful today and Barrett should be up from his nap any minute. Have a great weekend!! I'm enjoying everyone's {get REAL} Spring Style posts!

5 comments:

  1. I Love that fabric! I really like the look of image #2 (the second pic of the baby). It has a vintage look to it. Did you do that on purpose or was it an accident? Did you run an action on it? If so, what kind? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these two pics. I think you have such an eye for photograghy. Can't wait to take a class together this spring. The second one IS very vintage looking. The first one melts my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric. I am trying to get ideas for our newborn shoot when the baby comes. Maybe I need to start looking for some fabric. I can't wait to start learning more about my camera. I am taking an online class that is starting in a couple of weeks. Here is the link to it: http://www.maggieholmes.typepad.com/workshops/

    Did you decide on a camera strap?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos. The fabric looks awesome is both b&w and with the vintage feel. Can't wait to see some photos of the newborn shoot. I'll have to find out what type of SLR you got - very exciting!

    I'm finally off to do your get real post. Once again - better late than never. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black & white... shows of his eyes so well.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop