Thursday, May 14, 2009

New family pet

It's a SNAKE!!!!!

(click on this picture to enlarge it...Barrett's faces are priceless)

NO...we're not crazy! TWO huge labs are enough for us! We didn't really get a new family pet. Barrett's just found himself a new "friend." Justin's had this wooden snake in one of his dresser drawers for years. Barrett discovered it the other day, in the middle of his "wreck the bedroom while Mommy's getting dressed" morning routine. I think it's his favorite part of the day. While I'm running back and forth between the bathroom and the bedroom, getting ready for the day...he's emptying dresser drawers, carrying 20 pairs of shoes out of my closet, and helping himself to anything he can get his little hands on! His room is just across the hall from the bathroom, and right around the corner from our bedroom. You'd think he'd be content in there with hundreds of books, cars and other toys...NOPE! Putting Mommy's flip flops on and trying to walk around the house is much more fun! AND this snake he found in Daddy's drawer is really fun!


This little snake has had quite an exciting week around our house. I've been up till 2 or 3am a few nights this week finishing up invite orders, and he always seems to be waiting for me when I come to bed! The first night, I pulled back the covers in the pitch black and laid right on top of him. The next night as I got into bed, I was expecting it to be in there somewhere. I moved my feet around, and didn't feel it anywhere. I was totally shocked Justin didn't try to get me again, then I put my arms under my pillow, and it was inside my pillowcase! I heard Justin chuckle as I pulled it out of the pillowcase and threw it on the floor. What a turd!

Last night after Barrett's bath, we had some fun with the snake.
He looked like a mini Steve Irwin!

(more priceless faces...click to enlarge)

I'm a little late...but I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! My day was great...Justin and Barrett let me sleep-in, then we went to church. After church we went out to lunch with Gigi and Papa. We tried out the new Chinese place in town. Barrett came home and went down for a nap, so my mom and I went to do a little shopping. That evening we went to Kim's for a family cook-out.

Justin and Barrett wrapped my Mother's Day present. I thought it was beautiful, even though they ran out of paper! I got a fun new glass tea jug for summer and I get to pick out a new strap for my camera!! I can't wait...I just have to decide which one I want!

5 comments:

  1. Barrett and the snake are too cute!! We have a wooden little fella just like that and the kids love it!!

    Glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day!! Sleeping in is always a treat!! :)

    Hope you are getting some rest and getting caught up! I feel like I haven't chatted with you in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, how we're so thrilled to be given the gift of SLEEP! I got to sleep in AND take a long nap and I could have been perfectly happy with NOTHING besides that!

    That wrapping job is great!

    Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Barrett's faces in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one where it looks like he's creeping up on it on his floor is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell I'm finally catching up on reading your blog? LOL

    Glad you got spoiled on Mother's Day also.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop