Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's a PARADE!

Last Friday evening we met up with Mimi, Kylie & Emily, to watch the high school homecoming parade. It was a little bit chilly, but really a beautiful evening. I have some great (and hilarious) memories from homecoming parades with my girlfriends when I was in high school, so I think it's fun to be able to take Barrett to watch them. I look forward to going to watch when he's in it...walking with his elementary school, as a football player, band member, homecoming candidate, or whatever it might be. I love our little town, and the traditions that we have! Although the parade is pretty short and sweet {don't blink, or you might miss it}, it was still FUN! Barrett brought home a big 'ol handful of suckers too!














After the parade we went home to eat supper and get on our warm clothes. Once it got dark, it was COLD!! We met Kim and the girls at the game, and snuggled into our spot. Our brother-in-law, Todd, is an offensive coordinator (I hope that's right) for the team, so that makes it even more fun to watch. I'm not sure if it was the band right next to us, the football game on the field in front of us, the hundreds of people constantly walking by, or the cold...but Barrett Russell was sooo sweet at that game! He sat cuddled up under a blanket on our laps the whole time. He would go back and forth from my lap to Justin's, and to visit Mimi a couple times, but he NEVER once wanted to get down. Not like our little "on the go" toddler at all. We were lovin' it though. He was such a warm little cuddle bug! Daddy says "he was just watchin' the game." He does like his football...one of his newest words. He loves to throw the "fooball," and kick the "fooball," and is always asking "mama, fooball"?

It was a great game, and the Vikings had a BIG homecoming win!! I felt sorry for the poor homecoming queen candidates. They were all so pretty in their dresses and heels, but they must have been FREEZING! The girl that won queen {Hannah-also pictured above in the red car} used to live next door to my parents. She is so sweet, and I could not get over the fact that she was a senior and that tall!! Her sister, Amanda was in town for the game and cermony, so I got to say a quick hello to her.! I think I heard them say during the halftime ceremony that Hannah's going to K-State...wahoo, Hannah!!

Had to throw in these pictures from the homecoming parade and football game last year...
B is so little!!!

(at the parade with Norah Kate)

(getting ready to go to the game with Uncle Bobby)

(watching the game with Uncle Bobby...where we always sit, right by the band)

Hopefully we can make a few more games before the season is over :)

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. It was a great evening for the game. Glad we can do all these fun things together!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop