Wednesday, October 21, 2009

SuRpriSE!!

I had been looking forward to yesterday for a couple weeks! Christie, one of my best friends, celebrated a birthday yesterday. In the next year, all of my best friends {the bfe's} will be turning 30!! Audra, Megan and I planned to drive up to Manhattan to SURPRISE Christie, and take her out to dinner for her birthday.

Everything went just as planned...and it's so much FUN to surprise someone!

We left the kiddos with family, and headed to Manhattan around 1pm. Audra had done a little detective work ahead of time, so we knew that Christie was going to be at the salon from 2:30-4:30. We rolled into town around 3:30, and headed to DQ to pick-up some birthday dessert for after dinner. We dropped Audra off at Christie's door (convienient that Audra has a key to Christie's house for football season), and Megan and I parked/hid the car down the street. Megan made fun of me all the way back to the house, because I was so nervous Christie was going to come driving around the corner and see us! But that didn't happen...we had plenty of time to get inside, and we hung out on the couch until she got home.


Christie's mom called us at 4:30 to let us know that she was on her way.
We got our cameras ready to capture the {look} on her face...
and it was priceless!!


Christie got these flowers for her birthday. They smelled soooo good!!


Christie's Aunt Peggy came by to drop off a card for her, so we had her take our picture.



Then we headed out to dinner at Christie's favorite place...Coco Bolos!



After dinner, we drove around the K-State campus. It was such a beautiful, Fall evening. Made us miss our college days...but our 30th year is going to ROCK! Then we went back to Christie's for our DQ birthday cupcakes :)




We rolled back into Winfield around 11pm.
It was the perfect evening with my favorite girls (we wished Amber could have been there).

Hope you had a fabulous birthday, Christie!

6 comments:

  1. I DID have a fabulous birthday! Thanks to your surprise and all the other surprises I had. You girls are the best. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Glad you had a safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fabulous time. Aren't surprises the best - it you can pull them off? I still remember the surprise bday party my mom through for me in the 8th grade. Memories.

    And I didn't know that DQ had mini birthday cupcakes. Now, I don't know how their original ice cream cakes can be beat, but I'm willing to give them a try. Yum. (Is 7:36 am too early for desserts?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW FUN! The look on her face is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun doe this sound?!! Wow what great friends you are and have!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop