Saturday, December 12, 2009

Finally...Our 2008 Blog Book

In the midst of my {busy} season for photography...I somehow managed to finish our 2008 blog book (by Blurb). Only 11 months into 2009! Not too shabby! The big discount and free shipping offered at the end of November, really kicked me into gear. It also helped that I had all of you excited about it and rooting me on-Thanks!

Since I had the discount, Justin and I decided to go all out and make our books the large hardcover with image wrap. These are our family scrapbooks, and we want them to be nice. I'm so excited to think in ten years, we'll have a whole bookshelf full of them. Well, do you think we'll still be blogging in ten years?!? Anyway...we also knew that Barrett would want to look at it (which he does a lot), so we wanted it to be tough enough to handle all that lovin'. My book ended up with 228 pages! That sounds like a lot, but I know my 2009 book might be double that! I think the books can take up to 400 pages, so I might have to do some creative adjusting!!

I checked fedex.com tracking everyday after I ordered it...

Finally, on December 3rd, it came!! I think I was squealing when I saw the truck pull up out front.

Barrett probably thought I was crazy. Why is Mommy so excited about this little white box?!?!

I let him get it from the front porch, and help me open it.



He was so excited to see pictures of himself on almost every page!



I love my book!!
hardcover with image wrap and custom spine





There are tons of options for picture and post layouts. I tried several different things, and now I know which I like and don't like, for my next book. I LOVE the pages with full-bleed pictures!





Back cover


That's it!! I really do love it that our memories, my random journaling and Barrett's first year are all documented and printed out into our very own book! I love holding it in my hands and reading through the posts. Now that I know how it all works, I'm even more excited to get to work on the 2009 book. I need to be ready in case they have another big sale at blurb!!

So, anyone else out there get a Blurb book?? If you did, I want to hear about yours too! If you're not sure you want one...come over and check out mine! I love to show it off!

13 comments:

  1. Looks AWESOME!!! I would love to see it sometime! Of course, I would love to see you too. :) Also, thanks so much for getting back to me on how you post your pics! You're such a sweetie. :) I'll have to mess with that program sometime when I have the motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW- how neat is that! I love it! You are so good about keeping up on your blog- my wouldn't have much in it- LOL Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your book. I think I am going to go in and make some changes to mine now that I can see what some of the pages look like. I am still working on my 2008 book. It is on the laptop so I am hoping to work on it on the plane and then when we are home at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda...
    My blog book is the "Standard Portrait" 8x10 inch size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! It looks great now you got me thinking i need to do one!! I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura this looks amazing!!! I'm so excited to see it (and you guys too of course) over Christmas!!!

    XOXO, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. your book turned out great! You got me excited to get going more on mine! I love the image wrap - I may have to try that this year.

    And seriously - GO TO MAPLE MEMORIES in McPherson - you will LOVE IT! You can go for $99 for the whole weekend with 12 girls. If you have less girls, you'll just pay more. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute, cute! Looks like it was totally worth the wait. :) I'm going to have to order one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. its just amazing Laura.

    Can we talk about pics of Carlee sometime. She turns 13 next month I feel its a milestone past being my little one I wanna capture it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, girls!!

    What, THIRTEEN?!?! Oh my goodness! Yes, please call or email. I would love to get beautiful Miss Carlee in front of my lens :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to check it out in person!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop