Thursday, January 7, 2010

Headed South!

The weekend getaway we've been {waiting} for is finally here!! Tomorrow afternoon Megan, Audra, Christie and I are headed South to meet up with Amber and spend the weekend doing total GIRL things!! It's a celebration of our 30th birthdays!



We have a hotel in Tulsa for two nights, and are looking forward to eating out, shopping, going to the movie, and just catching up. All of these things without kids!! I will miss my Little Bear oh-so-much, but I am excited for a girls weekend, and the chance to relax and do some things without him attached to my leg :) He'll have more fun at home with Daddy, anyway!

The thing I am most looking forward to: THE SPA!! I have had several massages in my day, but I have never been to a real luxurious spa, where you get more than one treatment. The girls and I researched spas for months...literally! Once we finally picked one, we all had to decide on our services, so we could call and make our reservations. I have been saving up my birthday and Christmas money just for this! I am getting a Citrus Crystal Body Polish, a Revitalizing Scalp Treatment, and a Milk & Honey Soak Pedicure. Mmmm...

Thank you Justin, for being an awesome hubby and daddy, and letting me take this trip. I know Barrett will be just fine at home with you, and you will both have a great weekend! You have Gigi, Grandma and Mimi, if you need back-up...but I'm sure you'll do fine.

Off to pack and get ready for departure!

But first, I had to have a little fun....

Just did this little {Look Alike Meter} for fun! I saw it on my blog friend (you know the ones you call "friends" but have never met in real life?!?) Adrianne's blog :)

I had some issues getting the pictures to load, so these were the best choices I could get to work. I was shocked to see my child "looks equally like mom and dad." Myself and everyone else I know thinks he is the spittin' image of Justin. Maybe when I have more time and patience, I'll try some different pictures.


8 comments:

  1. Have fun, Laura! Girls weekends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for you girls to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you girls are set... have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great girls weekend - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may be just a tiny bit jealous! I will definately be asking for spa treatment for my 30th birthday!!!! Barrett will have such a good time with his dad. AND I think the meter is OFF a bit.... it should be pointing just a little more to the right. Sorry, mom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you girls had a wonderful time! So fun to celebrate birthdays all together!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop