Monday, June 28, 2010

My own bed...

It was a whirlwind weekend. We were really only gone from home for like 30 hours...but it seemed like so much longer! We left Barrett with his Grandma and Grandpa around 7:30am on Saturday. Justin and I headed to Wichita. I was helping shoot a wedding at Tanganyika Wildlife Park, so Justin spent a few hours shopping at the places I never want to go (Golf Warehouse, Dick's, etc).  The wedding was so much fun! The couple was adorable and creative, making our job so easy! I loved all the little details they thought of. I'm anxious to edit the images. They had a penguin walk down the isle before the bride...need I say more :) It was HOT at the park on Saturday morning though, and we did a lot of walking around to get shots with the animals. 

After I wrapped up that wedding, Justin came to pick me up and we hit the road for Garnett, Kansas. I was already exhausted, my head was killing me, and we had NO idea where we were going! With no Garmin and no map, we were flying by the seat of our pants! Thank goodness for Google maps on our cell phones, that kept us from ending up completely lost.  We were pretty excited to find our hotel in Garnett. 

{We had lots of time in the car, and saw beautiful countryside...I have many random pictures}

We had about an hour to shower and change before we headed to Greeley, KS for a wedding reception. Jamie, one of my friends from college, was married a few weeks ago in New York, so this was just a celebration of their marriage. With her living in NY, we hadn't seen each other in several years. It was great to see her, and the reception was beautiful. {more pictures of that later}

We got up early Sunday morning to have breakfast at a downtown cafe, then headed home to see our boy! We were missing him terribly. Although the phone calls from him helped..."me play cars all day" he would tell us. I think he had fun with Grandma and Grandpa! 

It felt like we drove all weekend, but we had lots of quality time in the car together, I guess! All in all, it was a fun weekend, but we were glad to be home, and I am looking forward to my own bed!


In the last nine days, I've had somewhere near nine or ten sessions. Two of them being weddings. It has been a fun week, but I'm feeling overwhelmed with editing. I hope to catch up soon, before I pile on even more sessions this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop