Sunday, October 24, 2010

Homecoming 2010

I'm back in business...
I started this post a week ago, and ran into some speed bumps not being able to upload pics to Blogger! 

I have many favorite things about Fall.
One of them is the annual Homecoming festivities in our little 'ol town.
It's not much, a parade and the football game...but it's fun, and one of the things I love about Winfield.

It was fun when I was in high school, and was a part of the parade.
Now it's fun to watch Barrett enjoying it. I know I said this same thing last year.
And, while I was watching all the kids and floats go by....I couldn't help but think how exciting it will be when Barrett is a part of the parade. As an elementary student walking with his school, as a freshman on the class float, or maybe suited up as a member of the football team. I'll say it every year, but I don't want it to happen too fast!




I was just a little proud when the homecoming canidates went by.
I'd done photos for the first two queen canidates, and the first king canidate. 
Only in small town USA!

 
Some cool floats this year, to go with the "Western" theme.
This next one is for my friend, Amber. I can't believe her little brother Alex is all grown-up ;(


Awww....Barrett loves his Em

Barrett with his new buddy, Chance. He goes to school with Emily, and is also the coach's son.
Barrett talks about him all the time. The other day he said something funny.
I don't even remember what it was, but when I ask where he learned that....he said "Chance."

A Homecoming WIN!!


Barrett's Uncle Todd told us we could come out on the field after the game to see him.
Barrett was REALLY excited about this. Here we are waiting to see Uncle Todd.


Kylie, Emily and Barrett got to meet London. The team star and Homecoming King.
Emily even got an autograph!

I LOVE this pic of Emily looking up at London!


AND this one will need a re-do.  Barrett and his Uncle Todd. 

1 comment:

  1. This post took me back to our High School days. I then I saw Alex and remember him being a baby at one of our homecoming assemblies. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop