Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 18, 2011

Barrett's 3rd Birthday!!

Started with birthday pancakes...just like all of his other birthdays have!
{3} pancakes, of course!


Growing up, my mom always made sure our birthdays were special. I loved that she would decorate our bedroom doors after we'd gone to bed the night before our birthday. We'd wake up to streamers, signs and balloons hanging on them. It was a great way to start off a birthday. I loved that tradition, and I'm carrying it on with Barrett. I wasn't sure if he'd get it, or what he'd think of it...but he loved it too! As soon as he got up that morning, he noticed it, and ask me all about it. I read it too him, and he just hugged my neck and said "thanks, Mom."



After breakfast, we headed to playgroup to see all of Barrett's friends.
He'd been looking forward to it for a few days, since he knew we were taking cupcakes to celebrate HIM!


They sang Happy  Birthday to him, and he hid his face :)

We love our mornings at playgroup. The day after Barrett's birthday, we had our LAST home visit with Cheryl, Barrett's PAFT educator. It was very emotional for me. We have loved having Cheryl come to our home once a month since Barrett was just a couple months old. She's taught me so much, and Barrett always looked forward to her coming, to see what games and activities she would bring. It's such a wonderful program, and we are so fortunate to have been a part of it. I will certainly be back when/if we have another little one! Barrett had a little gift and a card with picture of him to give to Mrs. Cheryl. Cheryl and I both tried to just ignore the fact that this was her last visit. She said on last visits, she liked to pretend she's just forgotten her planner in the car, so we couldn't schedule next month's visit. By the time she headed out the door, we were both in tears. What can I say...it was an emotional week for this momma! My baby turned three!!


After playgroup, we invited Barrett's best girlfriends (Norah Kate and Lydia) to go to lunch!
Barrett got to pick...and McDonald's it was.


That afternoon, while he napped, I got out his birthday present.
As soon as he got up from nap, he spotted it. I told him he had to wait until Daddy got home to open it.
So he carried it around with him for the next hour.
As soon as he heard the back door open, he ran into the kitchen yelling, "me open my present now, Daddy"

It was a great 3rd birthday for my little man!!




::Barrett's 3rd Birthday Video::









No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop